Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebrating September

September is deliciously golden...

kind of like walking into the backyard garden and munching on fresh grilled summer squash dusted with your favorite herbs...
or noticing the bright yellow sunflowers popping up out of a dark green field...
or remembering a good relationship in those happy moments before the other person discovered your flaws, or came to know them and loved you anyway.

Yes, everything about September I love (if you couldn't tell). There is something different about the air that makes me feel all giddy and happy inside. The sad thing is that it often comes and goes before I can fully enjoy it. So this year I am basking in September one day at a time so I will notice and remember all my favorite things about this time of year before it's gone.

Today is September 1st. Two days ago I spent 20 minutes in the middle of the night stealing wildflowers from the side of the road to cheer up our home. It wasn't on anyone's property mind you but I still felt a little guilty for picking them. Every time I saw headlights coming I dashed into the bushes and giggled out loud to myself. I kind of felt like a teenager that was out breaking curfew or something. Anyway, I checked the next day just to be sure and you couldn't even tell that I had hoarded a bunch of those vibrant yellow flowers for myself. Thank you mother nature for that lovely bouquet of happiness!



Why I love September #1
Because I love seeing these hardy yellow flowers soaking up the last bits of sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment